2.03.2011

Bienvenue! Welcome!

Mesdames et messieurs, ladies and gentlemen: Bienvenue, welcome to The Modern Olympia!

With this blog, I plan to share my thoughts on many topics dealing with the Olympic Movement -- the Games themselves, athletes, national committees, and -- most of all -- the host city bid process. I get a lot of my information from a great website called GamesBids.com, and you'll see it attributed often, along with the IOC, USOC and a slew of bid and organizing committees.

The bottom line is this: I love the Olympics, architecture, urban planning, and world politics, and I would like a medium to get some of my ideas out of my head and out into the world. Imagining how certain cities would host a large international sporting event is one of my few hobbies, so it's only natural it should manifest itself in a blog like this.

I hope whoever reads this (other than myself) finds it slightly thought-provoking and a tiny bit interesting. I know I'll enjoy sharing my thoughts, so I hope you'll enjoy reading them.